2022-2023 Foglight Trim/Bezel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepbreath

Reaction score
Hey, all - quick question. Just acquired a 2023 XLT with Special Edition package. We “downgraded” from a 2020 Limited, and miss some of the chrome pieces the Limited had. Has anyone had any luck swapping out the black plastic bezel/trim around the fog lights with the chrome version on the Limited? Is it hard to remove? Or does the whole front fascia have to come off?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

OP
OP
J

jeepbreath

Reaction score
I have not. Not even sure if they come off, or are part of the larger fascia.

Would probably just replace vs. wrapping for more of a permanent fix.

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly, you're going to get just as durable a finish with a vinyl wrap as the stupid plastichrome, if not better. And you could do any color of chrome you wanted.

jimmyjess

Reaction score
Hey, in december I got an XLT and it did not have foglamps, I proceeded to buy the foglamps, bezels, housing, light switch and wiring harness from Ford; the bumper needed to be removed for the installation and there hasn´t been a way to connect the harness so that the foglamps funcion as they would if theya have been installed from the factory, so they are being hooked into acc. About the bezel, you can buy the chrome version, and if this is the only thing you´ll replace, it will not be hard, just try to use a good trim removing tool to pull the black ones out and the just push the new chrome ones, if youe XLT had the foglamps, hurray for you!

OP
OP
J

jeepbreath

Reaction score
Wanted to give a quick update. Ordered both chrome trim bezels from vendor carlights360 on eBay, and got them installed over the weekend. They have two screws on the back side that have to be removed in order to swap out. I think they look factory, and fit the look we were going for. They were around $50 each. Pics below show original painted black, and new chrome pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_4922.jpeg
    IMG_4922.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4923.jpeg
    IMG_4923.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4925.jpeg
    IMG_4925.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 25