2022 Ford Expedition - Multiple DTC after removing rear passenger seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

herbcheng

Reaction score
good morning, I am removing the third row seat as well and running into the rear belt monitor default as well, is there a fix for that?

steve3591

Reaction score
Also the 22 gas the monitoring of the second row seat for a child being left in the car and driver locking up the car. That might be a problem also.

OP
OP
D

Dennis48755

Reaction score
I have never found a solution. I just put up with having to press OK to bypass the warning message and disregard the DTC's.

Dennis

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI, I have a 2020 XLT MAX. I frequently carry a "truck vault" style gun box that mounts over the folded down 3rd row. When I do this, I pull the 50A fuse that controls the 3rd row seats AND the auto-fold on the 2nd row. I do this so that there are no circumstances when the 3rd row tries to open while I have it literally tied down with the truck vault.

This fall when I went pheasant hunting in SD, we had 3 hunters, 2 dogs in kennels and all of our gear. For extra space for the trip I removed the driver's side and middle second row seats. No issues no errors, no codes. BUT, I had already pulled the fuse controlling motion on all 2nd and 3rd row seats, which is probably why there were no codes or errors.

I've since reinstalled the seats without issue. If anyone else does this, note that if you have a center seat, pull the center seat FIRST. It will make it easier to pull the outboard seat due to trim shingling. Similarly, reinstall the outboard seat(s) first, then the center seat. Note to everyone who hasn't done it yet, get a 55 mm Torx "PLUS" socket, which is different than a standard 55 mm Torx.

OP
OP
D

Dennis48755

Reaction score
I had the RR Captains Chair removed in my 2018 Expedition with no problem.

This issue is new with the 2022. Beginning with the 2022 the vehicle monitors both occupancy and seat belt condition for the rear seats.

Dennis

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire