2022 suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobody

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have a 2022 limited max stealth 4X4 version, yes the wheels are 22 so that will add to the suspension being not that absorbing.
i believe the suspension is falcon? when i have the chance, what suspension upgrade is recommended?
is the XLT suspension the same as the limited one?
is the F150 suspension the same as the expedition?
Thank you

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you trying to make the ride better? Do you want it firmer or softer? Do you have ccd?

There aren't many suspension adjustment iptions for expy, mainly icon or bilsteins. The expy uses the 2015- 2020 f150 front suspension parts but nothing else and i believe the part numbers are different but I never looked at this to know for fact.

If you have the stealth, the shocks will most likely be different because stealth uses a sport tuned suspension, xlts do not.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have the CCD then you can't really do much to it. I recently went from an XLT with Bilsteins to a Platinum with CCD and I personally liked the ride of the XLT better but that may have been mostly attributed to the 18" wheels. I am planning to pick up a set of 18's and then I will see how it feels. I don't feel like the platinum is bad but the 22's do not do much to soften the road.

I do wish there was a way to adjust the shock dampening via menu or something and not just based on what drive mode you are in.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't feel like the platinum is bad but the 22's do not do much to soften the road.
I guess personal preference varies. I have a 10 min. drive to and from my house on a winding country dirt/gravel road usually with lots of washboarding and ruts, and the CCD ride is simply amazing at providing a relatively smooth ride.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess personal preference varies. I have a 10 min. drive to and from my house on a winding country dirt/gravel road usually with lots of washboarding and ruts, and the CCD ride is simply amazing at providing a relatively smooth ride.
I just got the platinum and haven't had it on the dirt yet so can't comment on how it feels there. By no means is the ride bad but the ride in the xlt with the tires with more sidewall and the bilsteins was very good. I feel a lot more of the road in the platinum, not necessarily bad but not as smooth.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got the platinum and haven't had it on the dirt yet so can't comment on how it feels there. By no means is the ride bad but the ride in the xlt with the tires with more sidewall and the bilsteins was very good. I feel a lot more of the road in the platinum, not necessarily bad but not as smooth.
I didn't mention that I had the dealer swap the factory tires for the Nitto Recon Grapplers before I took delivery, so I don't know how much of a difference if any the tires make...

OP
OP
N

nobody

Reaction score
i do not have any idea what kind of suspension is on the stealth package, but the ride comfort is not that great, it is maybe contributed to the 285/45/22 tires.
i did a bit of driving off road and it was terrible, my 2011 F150 XLT was way more comfortable.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's most likely the base suspension. If you have ccd, the option for it will show om the sticker. Your easiest and most option is to swap the wheels for smaller wheels.

Everyone has a preference, I will say My Navigators ride on 22in wheels was better than my 18 expy limited on 20in wheels ride on all roads but city roads. Ccd is only really bad in city streets, but other than that is really nice. However, I instinctively put my nav on eco mode and it "softens" the ride up to a degree from normal. My expy was somewhere between normal and sport.

OP
OP
N

nobody

Reaction score
The current suspension in my Expedition is called: FPV SPORTS Suspension.
the picture attached is for the front right.

Attachments

• 20230321_113248.jpg
    20230321_113248.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All stealth pkg trucks have sport shocks, regardless of ccd or base. But it doesn't appear to have the solenoid and wiring which let's you know it has ccd. A lot of people who bought the stealth pkg without ccd are lamenting the fact that they didn't choose it.