2023 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Lundy

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading to a 2023 Expedition. I was at the dealership a few days ago and was looking at a Limited model. I see that Ford is still not putting engine covers on the motor. Has anyone found an after market engine cover or does Ford have the part and they are just too cheap to put it on...?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at upgrading to a 2023 Expedition. I was at the dealership a few days ago and was looking at a Limited model. I see that Ford is still not putting engine covers on the motor. Has anyone found an after market engine cover or does Ford have the part and they are just too cheap to put it on...?

There are posts on this forum regarding the cover. Some have purchased the cover from Ford and installed it.

Do a search as I think they posters said the cover brackets were on their vehicle, but they needed one or more fasteners in addition to the cover?

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What you need cover for? My RAM truck engine has the cover and I took it off long time ago for my convenience to maintain it. By the way, the cover may increase the radiator workload or even increase engine temperature marginally. Anyway, it is completely useless except someone may prefer this beautification of the engine bay.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What you need cover for? My RAM truck engine has the cover and I took it off long time ago for my convenience to maintain it. By the way, the cover may increase the radiator workload or even increase engine temperature marginally. Anyway, it is completely useless except someone may prefer this beautification of the engine bay.
It does help keep the too of the engine cleaner. My cover was all dusty/dirty and I took it off to do something and the engine was still sparkling

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does help keep the too of the engine cleaner. My cover was all dusty/dirty and I took it off to do something and the engine was still sparkling
To be honest, it really doesn't matter how much dust on your engine. It wouldn't affect the performance by all means. With an air gun( $50-$150), dust can be easily blew away.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The OEM cover on my 2015 Expedition Limited came with sound deadened pads under it. I suspect the cover helps reduce sound in the passenger compartment.

Skylais

Reaction score
My 2023 didn’t come with engine cover or a hood cover. I bought both parts on parts.ford.com after entering my vin. The hood cover part was super easy to install, maybe a minute. No tools needed, just clips you buy separate from the cover and pop in.

The engine has 2 bolts sticking out that you just place the cover over and put some nuts on. This part took me a bit longer as I didn’t have the right tools so I had to get the nuts on by finger and then finally tighten. Maybe 5-10 minutes.

Maybe 1 decibel noise difference if even, but that might be from my tire swap. Mostly just felt better (“complete”) with them installed.

I can get the part numbers if needed but just put your vin into parts.ford.com and should be able to find the parts. The parts also have diagrams, some of the nuts and clips you have to buy separately. I think I spent around 320 or something like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire