2023 Roof rails - missing trim pieces?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 XLT had those trim pieces but my 2020 Platinum does not have them. It seems that somewhere in the 2019 year they stopped putting them on and they have never returned. I would say yes, Ford is cheaping out on it.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I just checked, and my late October 2018 build has them. I'm sure that Ford considered them to be one of those "out-of-sight, out-of-mind" accessories like the foam engine covers that were "discontented" in
subsequent MY's.IMG_0120.jpeg

RGarone421

Reaction score
Literally signed up to this site to literally discuss this issue.

I've already been back and forth to the dealer regarding other issues and I noticed this maybe a month into having the truck. I did ask the dealer and they said there's nothing that's supposed to go there, however on my follow-up call my service advisor said him and the parts guy found the pieces (they think). Of course, the dealer is not willing to cover the cost and I was quoted $330 for both sides. If it matters, I have a 2019 XLT.

RGarone421

Reaction score