23 Limited X plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgg1683

Reaction score
I haven’t bought a new car in years. Went to look at a ‘23 Limited 4x4 due to x plan price and interest rates from Ford. They’re at 75k after discounts, is there any room to haggle usually now days or do they stand pat usually? I haven’t made an offer to feel them out, just want to see what’s realistic before we fall in love with it.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It depends on the options and if it's been sitting. X-Plan pricing is the current standard for a decent deal with no haggling.

OP
OP
M

mgg1683

Reaction score
Ok thanks, the invoice says it was prepared 8/16 and 11 days transit. Can I assume on the lot since 8/27ish then? What is typical for these to sit now days? Thanks so much

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some ppl on here got better deals on the platinum trim

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With X-Plan you can calculate in advance what your price will be, which is X-Plan price minus any available to your or your market discounts.

My view is you haggle first and see where you can get. Then if you don't get better than the X-Plan price, you drop the X-Plan on the table.

Things to keep in mind. The sales person and dealer may or may not do better with the X-Plan or other back end money they are getting directly from Ford. Based on this, they may try and steer you in one direction or the other if both are on the table up front.

I have had situations where I negotiated my best price, which was more than X-Plan, then told the sales guy, I think I'll just use the X-Plan and they came back with a better than X-Plan price and it was a significant difference.

XeBeast

Reaction score
With X-Plan you can calculate in advance what your price will be, which is X-Plan price minus any available to your or your market discounts.

My view is you haggle first and see where you can get. Then if you don't get better than the X-Plan price, you drop the X-Plan on the table.

Things to keep in mind. The sales person and dealer may or may not do better with the X-Plan or other back end money they are getting directly from Ford. Based on this, they may try and steer you in one direction or the other if both are on the table up front.

I have had situations where I negotiated my best price, which was more than X-Plan, then told the sales guy, I think I'll just use the X-Plan and they came back with a better than X-Plan price and it was a significant difference.
Per X Plan rules you have to tell them you are using X Plan up front.

XeBeast

Reaction score
I haven’t bought a new car in years. Went to look at a ‘23 Limited 4x4 due to x plan price and interest rates from Ford. They’re at 75k after discounts, is there any room to haggle usually now days or do they stand pat usually? I haven’t made an offer to feel them out, just want to see what’s realistic before we fall in love with it.
I got almost $4k off with X Plan in May and another $2k off for maintenance and warranty. Financing was through my credit union @ 3.99%.