275/70 R18 on stock suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knut

Reaction score
Big difference. Much more stable and no wobbly feeling when taking corners. I also went with a 9” rim with vs 8.5 from Ford. Use this calculator to figure out what works.

username

Reaction score
Big difference. Much more stable and no wobbly feeling when taking corners. I also went with a 9” rim with vs 8.5 from Ford. Use this calculator to figure out what works.
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed you also have a Expedition Max XLT so your input is more relevant to me. It seems to me most of the people posting here have the Limited trim and many have the CCD.

Have you changed anything else from the stock setup other than wheels and tires - ex. sway bars?

Last edited:

Knut

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed you also have a Expedition Max XLT so your input is more relevant to me. It seems to me most of the people posting here have the Limited trim and many have the CCD.

Have you changed anything else from the stock setup other than wheels and tires - ex. sway bars?
Not yet. But I’ll be installing at least the rear Hellwig sway bars in the spring. Mainly because of towing stability.

rjmson105

Reaction score
For those that went with the bigger tire, how much did it change your speedometer reading? I have a very slightly used set of KO 2’s in 275/70/18’s I had on a previous vehicle and really want to put them on but didn’t know how far off the speedo would be.
Thanks

Knut

Reaction score
For those that went with the bigger tire, how much did it change your speedometer reading? I have a very slightly used set of KO 2’s in 275/70/18’s I had on a previous vehicle and really want to put them on but didn’t know how far off the speedo would be.
Thanks
See my link earlier to "tiresize.com"

OP
OP
N

NoDak Fx4

Reaction score
Thanks
Checking with GPS mine is not off enough to even think about. 80mph speedo is 81-82mph gps. I suspect the factory sets them 1ish% low to start.

5urfw3b

Reaction score
I have a 2020 FX4 on stock suspension and just put my old 275/70/18 KO2s on to see how it looks. These wheels are +18 offset and there’s no rubbing at all. When turning it’s a bit snug (would be difficult to fit a hand in there) but even with the tires stuffed it’s all good.

As for road noise and feel, big difference from stock. These have about 20,000 on them and I’ve got a small hum. Not loud enough to be a bother. The extra weight of the KO2 definitely makes the truck a bit more sluggish. Cruising in normal mode (low rpm driving with mpg in mind) seems closer to eco mode now. During Hard exceleration there is no difference. Actually it almost feels faster. They absorb small bumps better too
What model Method rims are those?