2nd gen vs 3rd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
robl110

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not scared. I bought my 05 EB with 116k a year ago and I'm good. Since then i have driven it to orlando several times, gainseville, port canavaral, and a 7 day vacation to chicago. You are gonna have to expect some maintenance things but nothing major.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Any concerns with the tranny? I know at one time Ford trannys would give up around 120k.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any concerns with the tranny? I know at one time Ford trannys would give up around 120k.

So far all is good. I did a tranny service at 125k and found it was on the original tranny fluid.

Lanky

Reaction score
This has been a very informative read. I am currently in a 2000 Explorer V8 AWD and looking to get an Ex as soon as I get the wifes car paid off or just do a home equity loan and finance them both. I am liking the 07 - 08 models, my youngest son plays travel baseball and I want it for traveling in therefore I want the six speed tranny. I have read on blogs that people can get 20 mpg on highway, I can only get 16 with my exploder! Plus my sons are getting as tall as us so I don't want a small suv for a family truckster!

OP
OP
robl110

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My latest question: In any years did the xlt come with painted cladding?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as far as i know no. think that was for eb and limited.

OP
OP
robl110

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Latest question : I know it is said to stay away from the first model year. That in mind was there any know issues with the 03's with a 5.4? I am tempted to by a clean 03 with around 100k miles.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can tell you that my 2007 Expedition EL has been great!!! It has plenty of power and runs like a champ. I have the 5.4L so I can't complain. I am going to get a Hypertech Max Energy Economizer Tuner. I have been reading up on them and they have had some good reviews. I only have 40,000 on my expedition, but once I get home I am sure I will be putting a lot more on it. It looks great, very roomy, and the line in is great too. I plug in my iPhone4 and play my music. I have two younger daughters that love the DVD entertainment system so they are pretty content and quiet no matter where we go. LOL :D Don't get me wrong, I have owned a 97, 99 and a 2000 Expedition before this one and they were all great. BUT I LOVE my 07. :D I don't have 4X4 on this one, I live in FL so there is no need for it. Other than that, it is everything I would want out of an Expedtion.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no problems with my 03. one good thing about 03 can add the lightning(eaton) superchargers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry