2nd Row Headrest Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jennifer Fradella

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do I take off he headrest? Is there a button that I can’t find to press to take it off? It will only fold down.

I have a car seat there and won’t sit flush with the headrest the way it is. I want to take it off and turn it the opposite direction on that seat.

I have an 09 king ranch 2nd row bucket seat expedition.

Thanks!

Jen

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Push down on the area around where the posts go into the seat about an inch or so and you will see a round pin pressure pin that goes around the post. Remove that pin on both posts and they pull right out

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
How do I take off he headrest? Is there a button that I can’t find to press to take it off? It will only fold down.

I have a car seat there and won’t sit flush with the headrest the way it is. I want to take it off and turn it the opposite direction on that seat.

I have an 09 king ranch 2nd row bucket seat expedition.

Thanks!

Jen
This is for a 2017 but should be the same

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We figured this out when we first bought our X and wanted to put seat kick panels on it. It takes two people honestly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No it doesnt take two people

Also use fingers not pliers and just push the thing off

Main issue: not dropping it inside the upholstery

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member