2nd Row seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis2021

Reaction score
Did a search, didn't find anything. Considering a XLT FX4, but want ("need") second row Captain's Chairs. Is it possible to do a direct swap with the 40/20/40 bench? Is the bolt pattern the same?

Thanks
Jeff

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good question. You could just try and remoce the middle seat but i would imagine it be kinda difficult due to the seat tracks. Honestly it sounds cheaper and easier to just swap out the shocks.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know center seat removal was totally possible with the 3rd generation. Buy yourself some new floorliners meant for the captain’s chair version to cover up the mounting points in the floor and there you go. I’ve been waiting to see if anyone has tried to do it with the 4th gen.

byz250f

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know center seat removal was totally possible with the 3rd generation. Buy yourself some new floorliners meant for the captain’s chair version to cover up the mounting points in the floor and there you go. I’ve been waiting to see if anyone has tried to do it with the 4th gen.

I heard from the dealer today you can pull out the middle seat in the bench...anyone seen this done on a 4th gen?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I heard from the dealer today you can pull out the middle seat in the bench...anyone seen this done on a 4th gen?
Not on a 4th gen but I've seen it done on 2nd & 3rd gens with bench seating before... useful if you have kids but annoying for adults as they dont get armrests