3rd Gen CCD Delete: Has it been done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitebison

Reaction score
First thread in a long, LONG time. First rig was a '03 expy about 10 years ago before diving off into jeeps and toyotas.

I installed a basic spacer lift on my 2015 Nav with CCD. I haven't used a spacer lift in years due to how stiff everything becomes, but I thought retaining the adjustability of the CCD would be cool. Problem is it now stays on "Comfort" just to make it bearable. (Lift was advertised as 2.5"/2.5" but I ended up with over 3" in the front. It ended up about 5/8" more than what I was shooting for.)(Measurements were taken, before lift, after lift but before alignment and after alignment, both ground tp fender and hub to fender.)

TLDR: Ride sucks and it was more height than I wanted.

I'd love to install an actual lift like all my other rigs, but have no idea what happens once the CCD is unplugged. I've seen threads discussing the concept, but they were on 4th gens and no one actually did it. At least not from what I've read as I've researched all day today.

I've found Bilsteins, which I've used on other stuff and were ok, but they have the issue of me finding spring perches and whatever. Dobinsons has a good name in other worlds, but their kit is $1500+ which is steep, but I want to do something other than spacers.

Has anyone actually deleted/unplugged their CCD? What happened? Was it just a dash light or are other systems involved?

TIA
DSC05685.jpg

OP
OP
Whitebison

Whitebison

Reaction score
Evidently Strutmaster makes a module that turns off the warning light/tricks the ccd, but its $400. Might be worth it if unplugging everything affects the transmission shifting and what not. Probably not worth it if it ONLY turns on a CEL light.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changing the CCD settings between Normal, Comfort, and Sport does nothing to the transmission. Suspension only. Good luck!

OP
OP
Whitebison

Whitebison

Reaction score
Changing the CCD settings between Normal, Comfort, and Sport does nothing to the transmission. Suspension only. Good luck!
Good deal. I read somewhere someone was complaining about that, but maybe they were talking about the newer generation (Or didn't know what they were talking about.lol)

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For 4th gen, it does affect transmission shifting behavior as well as suspension tuning and steering weight.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah... good to know. That's they way it SHOULD have been all along. Of course I leave it in normal 98% of the time.