4rth Gen Expy YT Channel: Kindom Overlanding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found these good-natured folks awhile back. One of the only channels I know going for it with a Gen4 Expedition, and modding it for overland/hunting/camping. I went to really examine his tire/suspension combo, but overall it is a nice, family oriented channel.

Feel free to give him some support with your clicks, thumbs up, and subscriptions.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcrL9Nb4HixqcXANSGF6rOg/videos

**not affiliated with channel in any way**

Slipstream

Reaction score
Agree. I found it recently also. Made me look into the ICON setup he has, but after speaking with the company yesterday its a no-go for me as I have CCDs and the bypass they have eliminates all Drive Modes - and not just the dampening side of the function, it essentially disables the entire Drive mode knob.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a hard time watching this guy, but I love that he is not scared to use his Expy. He needs to unhook at least his front sway bar and he would have a lot better luck on some of the harder trails he does. If you would even call those hard. I hope he finds someone to build his rear bumper and sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you would even call those hard.

my thoughts exactly. I come from more of a rock crawling background (and even then, the trails I’ve done are pretty tame in rock crawling standards) so watching him film these “difficult” sections that abused his truck, I’m not impressed. Him splashing through the tiny water crossing. I get it: overlanding and rock crawling are 2 separate things. But the terrain he encountered looked tame. It may not have been tame, but how we consumed the product, it looked tame. Pictures and video have a way of doing that.

And when she was gassing it to go over a rock, I’m curious to what gear they were in. Sorta sounded like Drive. Should be in 1 or whatever is the lowest on the shifter. Unless they like extra heat dumping into the transmission.

OP
OP
Expedition Dave

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ExplorerTom, I kind of feel almost anyone going anywhere off-road in a Gen4 Expedition is "impressive." Even TFL is doing ultra-lame stuff, even when they are not using the drive system it incorrectly and crying "foul."

To me (and quite clearly IMHO having owned both including other 4wd SUVs/pick-ups), the moment the Expy lost it's solid rear axle it lost every last shred of anything more serious in off-road credibility. Watching it waddle over things with almost no suspension travel is almost heartbreaking, lol. But go watch the latest LandRover vids. These things rely on their drive systems way more than any real articulation.

Obviously, it is still a serious people/gear/trailer mover, and can even sustain off-road as long as it is not too technical.

But rock-crawling in a Gen 3/4 Expedition? That will be a rare/expensive/raining parts sight I'd like to see.

Further, I don't see anybody else doing it with the exception of 2-3 other channels, and have added a new post regarding it.

If you can find any other Gen 3/4 guys on YT, please let us know.