5 star tune + aFe CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Added an aFe stage 2 cold air intake and a 5 star tune today and am very happy. Already had a Gibson 3" cat back and had done the gotts mod swap to a larger snorkel. Definitely throws me back in the seat if I get on it. Quite surprised actually.

The afe went in easy (under 40 mins) and customer service at 5 star was great. I asked them if they had a preference on CAI and they recommended either the afe or k&n. The intake was $265 on ebay and the tunes were on sale for black Friday.

Normal driving around town and CAI is quiet, only loud when mashing the pedal. I know there will be some that say I should have left it stock but I'm happy with everything.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Added an aFe stage 2 cold air intake and a 5 star tune today and am very happy. Already had a Gibson 3" cat back and had done the gotts mod swap to a larger snorkel. Definitely throws me back in the seat if I get on it. Quite surprised actually.

The afe went in easy (under 40 mins) and customer service at 5 star was great. I asked them if they had a preference on CAI and they recommended either the afe or k&n. The intake was $265 on ebay and the tunes were on sale for black Friday.

Normal driving around town and CAI is quiet, only loud when mashing the pedal. I know there will be some that say I should have left it stock but I'm happy with everything.

Nice! What year is your Expedition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Kjhawkeye1

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2011 EL XLT - was looking for some extra oomph for hauling our new to us camper next summer. I am prematurely going to claim mission accomplished given the new power the truck has now. Too bad it didn't come from the factory like this. No one would have ever purchased a Suburban or Yukon. :driver:

union pipewelder

Reaction score
That’s my next move a 5 star, I was thinking airaid CAI, I saw they sell them on 5 star website, just installed a full stainless system last week

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01