97 Expy Driver Mirror Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedallen

Reaction score
My 97 has the power mirrors with the turn signal arrows behind the mirror glass. The driver side mirror glass has started disintegrating from the backside such that you can actually see part of the circuit board behind it in the outer lower corner. Is it possible to replace just the mirror glass, and if so, does anyone know a supplier of it? I checked an online mirror supplier that had video on youtube, but they only carried glass for the manual driver mirror and had the glass for the passenger power mirror, but even it didn't state whether it was compatible with the built-in turn arrow.

Thanks,

Ted

WPG2013

Reaction score
Having the same issue with my "99". Didn't have much luck finding the glass w/signal. Local Ford house can only get the complete mirror housing, to the tune of $250.00. If anyone has another source it would be helpful.

badgurl55

Reaction score
found glass forgot wire locations

OK .. so I got the replacement glass from A1 Auto, but was taking apart and one of the wires was tough to remove so I tugged and mess with it ... then forget which wire in the inner or outer wire on the heated mirror?
Black the outer wire or green? CRAP !!!!!:think:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if the wires are for the heater part. It makes no difference which wire goes where.

Have attached wiring diagram for your year

Attachments

• 97 power mirrors.gif
    97 power mirrors.gif
    18 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Hit By Thunder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got mine off a parts car. 2 mirrors from a 2001 Navigator....$40 bones. Now my 97 Expy has power heated signal mirrors.

my drivers mirror was the same kind and did the same thing, looked awful.