99 Expy A/C Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coey326

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I have my A/C on max I have a few problems that Im hoping I can get some help with.

1. Smell of antifreeze, I think.
2. Water runs into the passenger floor board. Seem to be accumulating in the floor vents(I turned the floor vents on and it blew the water into both floor boards). Doesn't look like plain water, has a reddish tint to it.

Thank you for your help.

Sport06

Reaction score
I had an older Ford Pickup and the heater core got a hole in it coolant everywhere what a mess to clean up.

0xowner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does it leak fluid when not using the AC ?

it does not make sense that when you only use AC that the heater core leaks....

do you live in a humid climate where you expect to see water dripping when using the AC ?

if so, are you seeing water under the vehicle?

The heater core still can be leaking of course... but what I would consider first is what is occuring for dispelling the moisture when using the ac... is the drain tube clogged?
Has metal flaked off, become rusty, what is the behavior of using the heater, is the coolant green, yellow, or rusty in color too?

OP
OP
Coey326

Coey326

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does it leak fluid when not using the AC ?
No. Only when running A/C

do you live in a humid climate where you expect to see water dripping when using the AC ? Live in New Orleans. High humidity.

if so, are you seeing water under the vehicle?
Lots of water drips under the Expy while running the A/C

The heater core still can be leaking of course... but what I would consider first is what is occurring for dispelling the moisture when using the ac... is the drain tube clogged?
Not sure. Don't know where to look for clogged drain tube

Has metal flaked off, become rusty, what is the behavior of using the heater, is the coolant green, yellow, or rusty in color too?
Heater works fine. No leaks while running. The water was a brownish color.