About Oil Drain Valve !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sulatek

Reaction score
welcome everybody
I want to get this wonderful tool
Long Nipple Oil Drain Valve

My 2015 Expedition needs it
My problem is that I don't know the size of the oil drain nut in millimeters
I want to order it online

Can you help me please?

I found this site
but still I could not Know

Best Regards

1632680077092.png

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would be so concerned about a rock smashing that thing off and having the oil drain out pronto. You will give up a lot of security for convenience.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assume you have the metal OEM plug. I replaced the metal plug (M12-1.75) on my 2017 XLT with short nipple Fumoto F107SX https://www.fumotousa.com/SX.html and a hose kit.
Be aware that draining your oil will take 2-3 times as long as removing the OEM plug but I think the convenience and lack of oil missing the catch pan is worth it. While the oil is draining I check other fluids, tire press, etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
I assume you have the metal OEM plug. I replaced the metal plug (M12-1.75) on my 2017 XLT with short nipple Fumoto F107SX https://www.fumotousa.com/SX.html and a hose kit.
Be aware that draining your oil will take 2-3 times as long as removing the OEM plug but I think the convenience and lack of oil missing the catch pan is worth it. While the oil is draining I check other fluids, tire press, etc
Thank you very much To let me know the right size and other information

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run the Fumoto valve on my '16...best way to drain the oil and no mess. If that valve ever gets hit by a rock, you have bigger problems. Folks that think this can happen just don't know the location of the drain plug in relation to everything else under the vehicle. And besides the whole area is covered by the heavy felt cover, which I leave off on my Expy....

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
You might consider something like this. USA quality with nothing to snag debris.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might consider something like this. USA quality with nothing to snag debris.

Good idea, however the problem on the 3.5 is the pan drain is on the side, a right angle is needed so the oil drains straight down.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use the ValvoMax on several vehicles. The 8" drain hose is perfect for me, but can be extended if necessary.