Ac flap stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Matthews

Reaction score
I have a 03 Eddie Bauer the ac flap is stuck in the defrost position. It's an electric controlled unit. How can I at least get the flap to the vent position?

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I had that problem, it turned out to be a vacuum hose leak under the hood. Right behind the battery near the firewall. So, mine is apparently a vacuum controlled unit. Same vehicle, 2003 EB.

SadieJane

Reaction score
When I had that problem, it turned out to be a vacuum hose leak under the hood. Right behind the battery near the firewall. So, mine is apparently a vacuum controlled unit. Same vehicle, 2003 EB.
What size vacuum tubing do I need mine is doing same thing?

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What size vacuum tubing do I need mine is doing same thing?
Sorry, it's been a few years and I don't remember the size of the vacuum tubing. Just pull the battery and inspect for bad/broken vacuum hoses. I think I fixed mine with JB Weld because I don't remember buying any new tubing.

SadieJane

Reaction score
Was you vacuum reservoir cracked? I’m hoping just some cracked vacuum lines fingers crossed.