Active park Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glen B Ashcroft

Reaction score
2022 Expedition Limited newly purchased new 12/5/2022, build date June 2022, handsfree chip missing, auto stop/start chip missing
I have the active park assist button on the console behind the drive mode knob, I press the button all I get it an indication on the button that says OFF
nothing on screen
no trailer attached or selected, I have tried it moving, stopped in Park in Drive, nothing helps

what am I doing wrong, this really cannot be that difficult

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Post a picture of your sticker please. Most late 22's and 23's it is documented on the sticker that active park assist is being removed. The button is there, but the electronics that control it aren't.

NO LIMITED has handsfree driving. That is called BlueCruise, and it is ONLY offered in the Platinum. Has nothing to do with chips, that has been in the documentation since the 22's were released.

Auto Start/Stop is one of the most complained about features on here, and any Ford Forum. I have no issue with it, but MANY do. There are several companies that sell devices to remove it. So many would call you lucky.

OP
OP
Glen B Ashcroft

Glen B Ashcroft

Reaction score
only removals I see are handsfree liftgate and stop/start
but I don't see the active park assist

Attachments

• 22Exp-Sticker.jpg
    22Exp-Sticker.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 40

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Active Park Assist is not on your build. It wasn't removed, it just isn't there. Should be in the 3rd column in the upper section.

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
What sucks about that is that I intentionally did NOT get the Towing package on my order because my wife wanted the Park Assist. Then they force-deleted the Park Assist while I was waiting 8 months for it to get built. If I’d have known they were going to delete the Park Assist, I would’ve added the Heavy Duty Towing package. Ugh

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Odd that Ford, in all their infinite wisdom determined that newer year buyers could not order their vehicles with certain combinations of options when the Special Edition Package on ours included them all. I guess it all boils down to how much money they can bleed out of a customer. One of these days we are going to have to try out that Active Park Assist but so far have not seen any need to do so. I would like to learn how to use it for backing into a space. Whenever I back up using the cameras, I always end up off-center or crooked between the lines. Usually I try to park away from other cars whereas the wife has an affinity to curbs.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got to try the parallel parking in front of my brother in law's house for a party. Worked very well and made it easy to park this huge beast right up to the curb. I haven't tried the backing in one because it always seems like there's some impatient person right on my tail when i want to test it out.

HISHONOR

Reaction score
Park Assist works great, parallel parking and backing in. Perfect every time. Works especially well in parking garages. Takes a little practice at first but once you get the hang of it, you’ll love it.