Adaptive cruise without lane centering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanpe

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this issue while using the lane centering with adaptive cruise?
I agree 100%. I have a '21 Limited and the centering correction makes for a uncomfortable ride. I think it's worse for the passengers as the driver gets is more cognizant of the correction. My passengers have complained and at times they think I'm falling asleep at the wheel! I use it only if I'm distracted by drinking or eating.

loulblades

Reaction score
When I searched for a used Expedition a few years ago, one of my requirements was ACC (among others). Even though I use the ACC constantly, anything to do with lane centering is turned off. When I am on the interstate I use too much of the road to have the truck remind me I am crossing over the lines. I can deal with that.

That being said I have turned on the self driving feature in my Hyundai Santa Fe from time to time for the hell of it.

I personally don't have a problem with self driving vehicles because many humans have crossed the line into Idiocracy. My Uncle, Dad and youngest brother were all killed (separate accidents) because the other driver couldn't manage to stay in their assigned lane.

Lou

loulblades

Reaction score
Weirdly, shortly after responding to this post, I was driving on the interstate and my Expedition started fighting me when I wasn't exactly staying in the lane.
I couldn't understand it because I always had it turned off. I pulled over and accessed the settings but could only partially turn it off (alert only).

I reread this post that reminded me about the button to control the system. After looking around on the steering wheel and dash ,I finally found it by the Auto (off/on) button. It was partially behind my Off Roam cell phone holder. I always press the Auto Off button after starting the truck and I must've accidentally turned on the Lane Changing system when pressing the Auto button. Now I once again have a truck that allows me to straighten out curves without getting told not to.

Just strange it happened within days of reading this.

BTW sorry for being somewhat morbid on my last post, one of the anniversaries was coming up.

Lou

OU sig

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. That does sound terrible.
The lane centering is barely useful if any to me. you cannot rely on it unless you have all basically new roads.
Better to simply learn how to drive and stay centered. Though it may save some crashes due to keeping someone in the lane.

My 2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0rspec has the adaptive cruse control also and it is nice. Though I turn it off 90% of the time.

I am sure the newer generation will be using auto “stuff” more and more.

so everyone be careful!

OP
OP
JohnSC

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to agree that the lane centering is not quite there yet for Ford - the vehicle does not adequately inderstand what a lane looks like all the time. I especially hate it trying to take every off ramp in the interstate if you are in the right lane as it follows the right paint stripe and ignores the left one. So until they figure that out I will be my own lane keeper.

Thanks for the discussion everyone! And Lou - sorry to hear the family accident record. I got hit by a drunk driver that ran a red light (country roads at 55 mph) 20 years ago with the whole family in the car. Lucky we all had seat belts on and all lived, but I was just a few feet from not making it as my entire left front fender to the car centerline was obliterated by his RAM truck. He was on his way home from his 33rd birthday party...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett