Aftermarket Radiator Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone with a 4th gen has upgraded their radiator. If so was their measurable improvement in temps? Not super serious about getting one but was just curious more than anything.

LovinPSDs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you having temperature issues? I haven't seen upgrades for the Gen 4 Expeditions out there, but if it shares are radiator with the F-150 (I have no idea if it does) then there would be lots of options I'd think. Could also consider a cooler T-stat which is relatively common in the F150 world, but there is mixed data on how much that actually drops temps.

If you really want to get into temperature discussions read this thread.... Lots of good info on how the temperature control of the Gen 2 3.5L works. It's messy...

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/threads/running-hot-when-towing-controversial-idea.74204/

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for info...

Was more curious about it (just because I like upgrades :) ) not having any issues.

I might get a new tstat and have it tuned for it.

LovinPSDs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you like upgrades, get the heat out in more interesting and fun ways!!! Downpipes are next :) based on your sig.