aftermarket y pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok guys i am looking into replacing the exhaust on the truck and i have been reading that the y pipe is where alot of the resrictions are in the exhaust. so my question does anybody make a aftermarket y-pipe or a high flow with cats y pipe i mean i have found headers and a cat back exhaust system but i dont know what to do with that y pipe

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok well i will have to get with my exhaust shop after i get my headers put on and when i have the cat back ready to put on

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A bad factory cat can be replaced, I put two Magnaflow cats on my truck because a bad tune fouled all 4 of the factory cats (I just gutted the pre-cats).

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you have to get mil eliminators or a retune since you gutted your pre cats or did it hurt anything and how loud is your truck

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No retune required...the sensors for A/F ratio are ahead of the pre-cats.

The sensors that monitor cat performance are after the main cats, so no codes either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmcritt22