Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Frustrated, help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dude. just ask before you do that. that sucks man im sorry. i would just take it in and NOT BEST BUY!!! way over priced for crappy work. my cousin went there for a simple amp and sub install since he didnt have time and they screwed him over. he told them where he wanted everything and how he wanted it hooked up. they put in a smaller gauge wire originally from what he payed for and tuned his amp like crap. so he went back made them put in the 4 gauge that he payed for and tuned his own amp. o and the cables were rockford fosgate cables so they were true gague, but still. i never liked them, one for prices. you can get cheaper on line or in a real audio shop. just shop around online and see whats good in your area and dont go to the first place. get a quote and go somewhere else.

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dude. just ask before you do that. that sucks man im sorry. i would just take it in and NOT BEST BUY!!! way over priced for crappy work. my cousin went there for a simple amp and sub install since he didnt have time and they screwed him over. he told them where he wanted everything and how he wanted it hooked up. they put in a smaller gauge wire originally from what he payed for and tuned his amp like crap. so he went back made them put in the 4 gauge that he payed for and tuned his own amp. o and the cables were rockford fosgate cables so they were true gague, but still. i never liked them, one for prices. you can get cheaper on line or in a real audio shop. just shop around online and see whats good in your area and dont go to the first place. get a quote and go somewhere else.

I got a quote from where I had the tint done. $80.00 to wire everything up but I have to buy the wires. Is that a fair price?

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I checked the fuse again & yes it was blown.

I took a 5amp fuse out of 18 slot to replace it & then that fuse blew.

Why do I keep blowing fuses...?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are you disconnecting the battery before your messing with the radio? that might be it. the live wire is touching the metal and blowing it. but $80 isnt to bad. maybe $85-90 with everything. just get it in writing first. and call around and get other quotes. see whos the cheapest and if any warrenty their install.

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are you disconnecting the battery before your messing with the radio? that might be it. the live wire is touching the metal and blowing it. but $80 isnt to bad. maybe $85-90 with everything. just get it in writing first. and call around and get other quotes. see whos the cheapest and if any warrenty their install.

I found one problem. I had two wires mismatched so I redid those but now I'm not getting any power or light to the stereo. The fuses aren't blowing now though...

Yeah this guy does a 90 day warranty.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, you might have messed up your HU. Were you getting a new one?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you might as well stop messing around and take it in before you fry something else.

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you might as well stop messing around and take it in before you fry something else.

I'm ordering a new amp today so I have to wait until that gets here then I'll pay the guy to rewire everything.

I still can't believe I spliced everything...

Can the 5 CD disk changer hook up to the new HU?