Aim LED Fog Light (2015-2017)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dumb question….how does one change the vertical pitch of the LED fog lamps? (Or can you even do this?) I looked up and saw what I thought was the bottom of an adjustment wheel; messed around with it for about 20 minutes and stopped because I didn’t want to break anything.

My issue is the passenger side is aimed slightly lower than the left. Nothing major, just my type-A side being annoyed by it.

(I searched for a good 45 minutes, came up with nothing. The only thing I did find was picture of a replacement hosing, which looks like there’s a way to adjust? If this is in some obvious place, my bad!)

OP
OP
G213

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found it! On the back of the housing, there's a black bolt with a "gear" around it (see picture)...throw a socket on there and viola, up/down pitch adjustment.

Interestingly enough...I searched through the 80000 page Ford shop manual, not one mention of this. It does provide instructions on aiming the halogen housing, but not the LED style. (In the manual, it refers to them as "DRL" in some places and "fog lamp" in others)

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 8.25.17 PM.png

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good find. However , for me I removed the LED fogs and hung a pair of HELLA Comets under the bumper. I filled the LED space with black mesh screen. I also added a pair of HELLA pencil beam spots in the grill.
Anyone looking for a set of LEDs send me a PM and we can work out a deal.

Attachments

• 5 fabricate brackets  (1).JPG
    5 fabricate brackets (1).JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 7 finished spot lights with red trim black mesh in OEM fog space Feb 2020.JPG
    7 finished spot lights with red trim black mesh in OEM fog space Feb 2020.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 44