Air bleeder valve location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Ok I'm not gonna lie I didn't even look if I even have one on my 2005 5.4l 3v but it's currently doing the classic signs of having an air bubble in the system (heat when on throttle, no heat or just semi warm when off throttle), i know there are possibilities that it could also be the T stat or heater core or hoses or even a water pump but its expected to be -20 all week and i want to reduce the amount of time spent just looking for something that might not even be there.

So is there an air bleeder valve for the coolant? Yes/no & if so where?

Thank you all in advance & happy New Year!

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Ok I'm not gonna lie I didn't even look if I even have one on my 2005 5.4l 3v but it's currently doing the classic signs of having an air bubble in the system (heat when on throttle, no heat or just semi warm when off throttle), i know there are possibilities that it could also be the T stat or heater core or hoses or even a water pump but its expected to be -20 all week and i want to reduce the amount of time spent just looking for something that might not even be there.

So is there an air bleeder valve for the coolant? Yes/no & if so where?

Thank you all in advance & happy New Year!
I'd be suspicious of the thermostat, or you could have debris stuck in the heater core.

Here's a good write up on a similar symptom and a good backwash/flush resolved the issue.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/...oolant-on-the-5-4-just-changed-the-tstat.html

Good luck on this.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well thank you guys but if there' no bleeder valve I'm not gonna tackle this problem for at least another 3-5 months from now when it's half @$$ decent outside weather wise. the expy is not my daily driver anymore it's more of a hobby car now anyways anyways not a huge factor of my life to say the least.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All you have to do is park on a steep incline so that the surge tank is the highest point in the cooling system. Run engine up to temp and squeeze the upper radiator hose repeatedly with then engine running. You should hear & feel air bubbles as they move past that point.