Alright heres a frame question for you guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I went to the junk yard the other day Saturday it was to get a new heater and the donor truck was smashed on the inside of the fire wall so that sucked 3 hours wasted but not the point, on the f150s is the frame from expy to f150 the same? in a perfect theory I could just take the leaf springs off a f150 and throw them on the expy with the mounts and all off the pick up and then as to the front end I was looking at the superdutys and the front leaf mounts are like either connected to the tow hook or behind it and the rear mount is on the frame rail so I was thinking that if the frames from the excursion are probably my best bet for donor leaf springs because it’s the same idea as an espy just bigger so I’m basically trying to take the springs and axles off an excursion and seem them in to a lighter duty truck and I also learned that the BW 4406 is not compatible with the ZF5 so I need a BW 4407 which is the same bolt pattern I believe but I’m not sure

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think that you are really going to have to take some very detailed measurements to see if it will all fit.

OP
OP
TactialMonkey

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I kinda figured that but didn't hurt to ask maybe some one knows... I learned that it never hurts to ask because you guys all really know your stuff on these trucks

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what i have seen towing both of them, I don't think it will work.

OP
OP
TactialMonkey

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang well ill make something work that's for sure its going to have the Dana 60 front end in the end no matter how much stuff I have to cut and paste from other trucks

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang well ill make something work that's for sure its going to have the Dana 60 front end in the end no matter how much stuff I have to cut and paste from other trucks

Get with Samrider on here. he did a solid axel swap on his. he might be able to help you out.

LocDoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the frame of the F-150 and Expedition the same? Yes and No.

The F-150’s frame is modified for the Expedition. Differences include things like overall length, cross-members, brackets, mount points, etc...

1997-2002 Expedition’s used the "U platfrom" (U frame) based on the older 1997-2003 Ford F-150.

The U platfrom was revised for 2003-2006 Ford Expeditions, using fully-boxed construction which gave it 70 percent more torsional rigidity.

The 2007-present Ford Expeditions swapped out the U platfrom for the all-new "T1 platfrom" (T1 frame) which is modified directly from the 2004-2014 Ford F-150 "P2 platform" (P2 frame).

T1 used more high-strength steel and gave it 10 percent more torsional rigidity over the revised U platfrom.

OP
OP
TactialMonkey

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm for sure going to get the leaf springs off a excursion or f series truck then as mounting brackets go maybe some universal ones or the ones off a donor truck and Judy bolt and weld them in to my frame and then get custom drive lines made for the 4407 tcase and I'm still not sure if I wanna get a pto as its on option on the 4407 and I kinda want that

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition