Anti Gotts Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm removing all the intake snorkel/silencer/aircleaner stuff from
my '05 Expy to make it easy to replace the brake lines going into the ABS motor. Unlike first gen, my air cleaner element is on top of the engine, almost traditionally like it was back in the eighties with carbs and before CPU's etc. So, I find acorns & mouse or chipmonk turds in that box below the element, because they like to jump from the tire into the fender hole, through the snorkel to make the top of the nice warm engine their home, that is until someone comes out, gets in and starts the engine. Then, they just get out and run away. But the mess is made, not too bad, because the aircleaner is there to block it from being sucked into the engine. I guess I could put a screen by the fender hole, otherwise it doesn't matter whether I garage it or not, they're getting in.
Haven't seen this in a Google search, but was thinking, why something isn't available to replace all that snorkel stuff and
attach to a big gasket or rubber donut to draw cold air directly
down from an airscoop from a one piece fiberglass replacement
hood. This would be like musclecars from days gone by that had shaker hoods like 'Cudas & Firebirds, or aircleaners that sealed to the hood like SS Chevelles. Like the Gotts Mod, you reset the computer and allow a greater volume of air into the engine.
It's always been debatable whether that actually works or not, but I still think it's a great mod while simplifying the induction and keeping rodents from crawling through a hoodscoop.
I just haven't seen anything like this and wonder If anyone has, or tried it.
Stephen