anti lock brake light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have a problem with the ABS light, and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it without taking it to a shop.

It started about 3 weeks ago, one day it turned on and then the next day it wouldn't. it did that for about 2 weeks . About 5 days ago it just stayed on and it wouldnt turn off. The braking still feels the same and has no problems. So if anyone Knows how to fix it it would be great if u could help me.

1999 4.6 eddie bauer 2wd

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The system should not feel any different, as the ABS system only comes into play when you lock up wheels when stopping, such as on ice or wet roads or emergency stopping, etc.

The ABS light being on means that the computer has sensed an error, and my first guess would be one of the wheel speed sensors.

You are in no danger driving with this fault, but the ABS system is effectively useless now, and I would recommend that you bring it into a shop for diagnosis.