Anyone tried this Mothers CMX ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive read a tone of reviews on it, about ready to order and try it

IMG_0729.PNG

IMG_0730.PNG

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have some real doubts about this new wave of "ceramic" stuff. I highly doubt it will be any or much better than what we have had for years and I bet it won't give any better protection..yet it will cost a lot more.
Now some of the more complicated sealants certainly may but the spray on wipe off isn't going to do all that they say it will.

I would love to have some super duper protectant that would stop rust and bubbling spreading on chips etc but I don't see it.

I really need to up my game on small rust repair and get after it before it gets out of hand.

OP
OP
Ron1978

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have some real doubts about this new wave of "ceramic" stuff. I highly doubt it will be any or much better than what we have had for years and I bet it won't give any better protection..yet it will cost a lot more.
Now some of the more complicated sealants certainly may but the spray on wipe off isn't going to do all that they say it will.

I would love to have some super duper protectant that would stop rust and bubbling spreading on chips etc but I don't see it.

I really need to up my game on small rust repair and get after it before it gets out of hand.
I have a 2012 f250 crew and it has bubbled paint under hood pretty bad, I lot of fords I've seen has bubbled paint.

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was already to go out and buy the Mother’s until I watched this video and now I am doing even MORE comparison research...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was already to go out and buy the Mother’s until I watched this video and now I am doing even MORE comparison research...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what I expected. I haven't ever seen anything in a spray bottle good for anything but a detailer. This stuff seems to be about on level with the spray waxes which I couldn't stand. All they're good for is streaking up dark colors.
I have no experience using real professional-grade ceramic products but apparently they are quite great. This is why this guy saw the word ceramic and expected so much more from these products. What bothers me is this is just the latest catchphrase and now they're selling spray bottles of stuff for $20. A complete rip-off for both of these products as you see the bottle is worth maybe $6 tops.
I know how to make a finish look it's best with paint correction and polishing and detailing. What I'm looking for is a product that will offer the best protection on a finish or even a finish that is not perfect. One that has a rock chip or even some slight flaking around an edge
or a bubble where you can coat it with a product and keep the water and moisture out, I guess is the goal, and prevent it from spreading , rusting, or getting worse.
Maybe the best thing it's just a decent quality carnauba wax that you would think a liquid would be able to sneak in to the cracks and areas to give better protection. You can't even seem to find a real paste wax anymore. They all seem to be a super soft almost liquid consistency.
A paste wax should be hard. I've always found them to give more protection than a soft liquid even if it was the exact same product and same brand.
Maybe I'm asking for too much but I figured in 40 or 50 years they could use some technology and improve things. I have gone around and tried to spray WD-40 and silicone spray and other things on small bubbles and cracks just to prevent moisture and also have tried using clear coat touch up to try to seal.
I know the only real fix is to sand, grind down, or sandblast the area and at least repaint that area or touch it up or blend it in. You would think they'll and there would be some way to at least slow down the spreading of the bubble or the flaking. That's what I'm interested in. I frankly don't care how water beads on my car. I'm just concerned with what condition of the paint and metal is in when I wipe off the water beads.