Are WeatherTech's Cargo liners any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So our family is going to be picking up our new Ford Expedition MAX Platinum sometime in April. We opted out of Ford's Cargo Protection Package because we'll have the 3rd row down most of the time and we need a mat that goes to the 2nd row. Are WeatherTech's Cargo/Trunk Liners any good? Also does anyone have any experience with WeatherTech's pet barrier? Is it any good? I heard great stuff about their floor mats, but wondering if anyone has experiences with their other products.

josedirte4

Reaction score
I have the weather tech liners in mine and have no major complaints. I also leave my third row down 99% of the time as well. I will say that my cargo liner does tend to shift towards the rear door after a few weeks. I don’t think there is any grip to the bottom side of it for some reason. I also wish they made the walls around the edges a little taller, but that’s just being picky. Strange enough, I don’t have these minor issues with the Weather Tech cargo liner in my Explorer. I have seen some other cargo liners on Amazon that basically has one piece that covers the cargo area and separate pieces that attach to the back of the third row seats. I like the idea since it would allow you to utilize the third row seats without having to remove the single larger cargo liner that Weather Tech offers. However, it would allow dirt/small debris to fall between the third row seats when folded down so I didn’t go that route. That’s my two cents.

josedirte4

Reaction score
@SunnySunshine something else I forgot to mention about Weather Tech's "HP" floor mats for the Expedition Max is that the second row and third row floor mats attach together. You can basically install those and fold the third row seats up or down without any interference. If you decide to go that route.

BrianDA

Reaction score
I've got the Weathertech liner in my '22. I keep about 2200-300 pounds of gear in the back on it. About once a week I need to remove the gear and slide the mat back toward the second row before it gets completely curled up at the door. Anyone done any fixes for that?

smstroben

Reaction score
The Ford liner uses hook & loop along the perimeter to stay in place. I would imagine retrofitting the Weathertech with the same would do the trick (just the hook side as it will grip the carpet).

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had Weathertech in my Excursion. I never realized how hard and noisy they were, until I installed Maxliner/Smartliner mats in my Expedition. They fit perfectly and snapped down just like factory. They clean up better, have a nice sheen and seem more rubbery but still very thick and sturdy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire