Audio system wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emf22

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install and wire up my audio system but am trying to find the best spot to run the power wire for the amps. I found the hole on the driver side that is behind the instrument panel and wouldn't mind using it. However, i would prefer to run the power wire down the passenger side and was wondering if there is a pre-existing hole in the firewall. I've been looking and i think i've found one but i can't reach it with my hand because the downpipe to the cat is in the way on the bottom and the endless amount of lines are in the way on top. Also, i haven't found it inside yet either. If anyone has found it, please let me know how to get to it from inside the cab. Thanks

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is an opening on the pass side as you say but, you dont want to run any power wires through it. I ran my power wires through that same opening and when i was done wiring up all my audio, i turned it on and all i got was crazy distortion. Im not sure what lines run through there but i had to rewire everything running the power wires to the drivers side opening. Take it from me and save yourself the trouble and time and wire it up through the drivers side.

If you need it i can take some pics for you so that you get a visual.
Oh and btw, the power wire wont get caught on anything if you go the drivers route. I run a 0 Gauge power wire and ground with no issues.

OP
OP
E

emf22

Reaction score
Yea, i looked and the driver's side route will be easy for power wire, especially with the wire tunnel going overtop the engine and the open room under the instrument panel. Now i just need to find the path behind the rest of the dash to get the RCAs down to the passenger side channel. That damn AC unit isn't in a very convenient spot. :shootout: