Auto Driver's Side (Side) Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BryanRivera

Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I have an Exp 'EB 03 and I too, like many others, have the common problem with the driver's side mirror. It's set like I wanted and very frequently, once you select your gear, either from P ro D, D to R, or P to R, any imaginable change of gear going through R, the mirror starts doing its own little thing, including the popping noise of the motor. Then I have to reset the thing and it is turning to be really annoying.

I have searched the Board archives, and apparently there is no way to fix it besides taking it to the stealer. Has anyone an idea of how to fix the dreaded wacky side mirror? Or do I really have to take the SUV to the Stealer? I heard that there was a recall for this... Is this true? Am I eligible to get it? How can I find out?

Thanks,

OP
OP
B

BryanRivera

Reaction score
Called Ford for Rear view mirror issue and...

Hello:

I was told by someone that there was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for this issue.
So, I called Ford to find out what could be done about it and they said that if the vehicle is out of warranty it will have to be out of my/your expense, since the TSB is not a Recall. I checked on several sites and there is no recall for 2003 Expedition for this reason. I believe that there are only 2 recalls for 2003 Expeditions, one is for the lights on the running boards, I can't remember what the other one is (not important anyway).

I will keep on looking, will keep you posted if I find something.

Bryan

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont know about the tsb on it but i know on some models the mirrors have a function in them that when the gear selector goes threw r it goes down to give you a veiw of what is behind you and when you go back to d it got back to norm

OP
OP
B

BryanRivera

Reaction score
Rear View miror

That is correct. That is supposed to be the normal function on the mirrors if you have that option. Usually all Eddie Bauer, and limited have this, other models you have to ask and pay for the option.
The problem in my case as well as many others, is that it does not return to the preset position after you change the gear from Reverse to whatever you decide.
That is what I am talking about...

Last edited: