Auto Lock Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03ddie

Reaction score
You know how your doors will automatically lock when you start going(at a certain speed I guess)? Well mine dont lock by themselves anymore. I cant think of anything that happened that would make them stop working, just one day I noticed that the doors were still unlocked. Keyless entry still works, keypad works, lock buttons work. Anyone know how to fix?

dubedition2003

Reaction score
Auto-lock is an option in the message center. If you look in your manual it tells you exactly how to set it on/off.

I remembered seeing in the manual and I don't think that its hard to do.

OP
OP

03ddie

Reaction score
Solution

I haven't had a chance to look at the manual, but I did find this on the internet after several attempts at different keywords.

To enter programming mode, steps 1 through 8 must be carried out within 30 seconds.

Close all doors.
Make sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
Press the door lock control switch to UNLOCK three times.
Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
Press the door lock control switch to UNLOCK three times.
Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
Verify the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.

To Enable/Disable Autolock

Press the door lock control switch to the UNLOCK position. (This selects the Autolock programming mode.)
Press the door lock control switch to the LOCK position. (This changes the current state of Autolock to either enable or disable.)
To confirm the Autolock change of state, the RAP module will chirp the horn. If the chirp is followed by a long horn blast, Autolock was just enabled. If no blast follows the chirp, then Autolock was just disabled.

dubedition2003

Reaction score
I actually remembered this the other day while I was sitting there in my expy waiting for my girlfriend and I started to play with the message center. The auto-lock option is inside the message center. You can control it on or off just by going to the info button.

I don't think that you need to do all that on/off thing within 30 seconds. That maybe for the earlier model years.

OP
OP

03ddie

Reaction score
I found that option in the message center now too, but at the time I didn't have my manual readily available. Oh well, maybe that will help someone that doesnt have a message center and is looking for a fix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire