Auto Unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave-FLHTC

Reaction score
Has anyone ever found a way for Auto Unlock to unlock all doors as soon as the vehicle is placed in Park? My 2017 Limited unlocks the doors only when the vehicle is placed in park and the driver door is opened but I want the doors to unlock as soon as I go into Park. I didn’t see any options to change the functionality with ForScan on the Google Doc spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Dave

ynpmoose

Reaction score
That's a "feature", so your kids can't get get out before you do.

That can be disabled in the dash information menu: Advanced Settings - Locks - AutoUnlock - Enable/Disable

Kurtyg2020

Reaction score
This drives me crazy, mostly because I came from a 2014 Silverado and as soon as you put the vehicle in park, all the doors unlock. Now with my Expedition, you have to put it in park and open the drivers door. I don't understand Ford's thinking with this. This reminds me of my wife's mini-van and you can't open the side doors with the buttons while the vehicle is in drive, which when the kids are older and you drop them off, you have to put the vehicle in park to open the side doors. I know they have to do it for safety reasons, you don't what the side doors flying open driving down the interstate!

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't want full access to my truck as soon as I put it in park. What if a car jacker is waiting for you. I want full control over when my car locks and unlocks

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI, I also very much hate this feature because frequently my wife gets dropped off at the storefront with the kids while I go park in the far reaches of the lot to prevent dumb people from dinging my doors. I always forget to unlock the doors so she always yanks on the door handle to get the kids out of the back only to find it is locked at which point I unlock it using the switch. I also wish I could change it to Auto Unlock all doors as soon as it’s in park. Most other vehicles I’ve driven were set up this way and we never got car jacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a "feature", so your kids can't get get out before you do.

That can be disabled in the dash information menu: Advanced Settings - Locks - AutoUnlock - Enable/Disable

I don’t think that’s what the OP is seeking...that option only controls the unlock feature of all doors when the driver door is open...I believe the OP is seeking a way to unlock all doors when the Expy is put in Park.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Can only automate so much with so different choices. I discovered it's possible to unlock all the doors by pressing the unlock switch on either the driver's or passenger's door. We should not be forced by Ford to have to go to this effort. :) Not sure what benefit there is in automatic door locking other than making it difficult to extract the passengers in the event of a crash. Certain areas of town are exceptions but that switch works both ways.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
Dave-FLHTC

Dave-FLHTC

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses, guess there is no way for the Expedition to unlock all doors (which were “AutoLocked”) when the vehicle is placed in Park with driver door still closed. I don’t live in a high crime area so this wouldn’t bother me. Actually, if Ford would have put electrical door unlock buttons next to the window down buttons on the rear doors I would be happy. There is a manual unlock post but it’s at the rear of the door and difficult to access for adult passengers.

Dave