battery dead//not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

palmerino89

Reaction score
First things first:
I got this 2006 a few months ago. She ran like a charm. Replaced wiper blades and the next day, my battery was dead. Maybe its just me, but i was completely baffled by the sudden death of the battery. So i charge it up overnight. And she started up, took her to work, leave 8 hours later, shes dead again. So i think, even though the mfd was 2013, it must just be a bad battery. $100 later, sweet, she starts right up. Next morning, dead again. So to the internet i go... come to find out, there is a relevant point to mentioning the wipers. Apparently the back wiper goes off track and constantly tries to reset itself (even when the truck is off). Opened the back window, watched it cycle back into place, closed her up, problem solved[except i cant use the back wiper unless i plan on opening/closing the back window everytime) Thank god for google!

Second thing:
Now im having a problem with her starting [cranks but does not start] (yes, i refer to 'it' in the female form, get over it). Not just not starting, but prior to her not starting, it felt as though the rpms were dropping between 30-50mph. Anyway, 'internet' says fpdm (fuel pump driver module) is a common problem; get that out, just like it says, its rusted to shit. So i have it replaced... shes still not starting. I plan to have some fuses replaced but if that doesnt work, im lost... help?

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Better to diagnose the problem instead of throwing parts and money at it. Anytime you have a no start condition one of the first things to establish is - is it getting fuel?
The specs are usually 35 - 45 psi.