benifits of lifting my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2004 XLT. Just bought some kick ass blacked out Blackjack gear allow wheels (17s) and new set of revo 2 tires. My truck is a 4X2 )= as I lived in FL when I bought it and didn't plan on moving to TN where I am now (would have bought a 4X4 if i'd known). Anyway the blackjacks are just for a new aggressive look as my expy is all black, and the Revo tires are also for looks but also so I can make it up my driveway in the winter when it get icey. Do you think putting a lift on the truck would increase the aggressive look, and are there any other practical benefits, considering I won't be doing any 4wheeling since its a 2X4. Went kayaking today and could barely get back up the grassy hill from the takeout...really wish I'd gone with a 4X4. All thoughts appreciated!!

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
newbiewvet. it will help it look more aggressive. My lift helped with a rubbing issue. the "knobs" on the AT tires would catch the inner fender liner when i turned it to far. Now with the lift it doesn't. The ride isn't any different, at least not that i can notice. one other benefit is that when you have that annoying car that cuts you off or wont move over, my truck is just high enough to light up there interior.

this are the ones i ordered
STEEL F 3.5" R 2.5" COIL SPACERS BODY SUSPENSION LEVELING LIFT KIT 2WD 4WD !79 | eBay

Last edited:

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As a past Kayaker and Shuttle Bunny, I understand.

Besides looks, there are two main benefits to a suspension lift.

First, you get more distance between the the bottom of the vehicle and ground. This can help a bit to clear terrain rocks, and can offer a little improvement in approach and breakover angles...

Second, it increases the distance between tire and wheel well... In most cases this will allow for larger, more aggressive offroad tires. You still have to look out for rubbing when the steering is turned fully in either direction. Also, the bigger the tire diameter, the more the ground clearance added on top of what the lift adds.

Most people will lift and then combo with larger tires... This can allow for a big improvement in ground clearance and better offroad performance.

As it's a 4x2, do you have a limited slip diff in the rear? It could make a big difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69