Best tires poll!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Best tires question!

I have a 2007 non EL and I am looking for aggressive looking 31" or 33" that can handle water.
I live in NY and we get all weather types. Dry, Wet, Ice, etc.

I like the Firestone M/T's but they don't have siping and I was told it would be scary in the rain. - Agreed.
I also like the Goodyear Dura Trac's. They have siping and get very good reviews.

What do you have that you are happy with that may also be a good fit for me.

P.S. I am putting on a 3/2" boost in a week or so, I'll need new tires then.

Last edited:

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BFG All Terrains or Maxxis Big Horns for sure I have Michelins' that are off a D Ram 3500 and they are pretty nice for road and off road they handle and grip well but I want taller tires

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have both ,Pro Comp X AT , great in all conditions, the reason I went to the
Goodyear Dura Trac's for winter is better traction in ice and I didn't want my 20" rims getting salt on them.
The Pro Comps are quiet, have good road manners and wear real nice.
The Good Years have some road noise, not much ( might be the size) and due eat the MPG a little.
Like both tires, for all around with ice included I would go Goodyear.

OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I did it. I was able to get the Truxx 3/2 installed and got new tires. I ended up going with 275/70/18 Destination M/T's because I was at a Firestone shop.

Here is the original truck...

and now...

Big difference right away. Going from a Nexus 255/70/18 to the 275/70/18 was huge. More noise definitely, but way under unbearable. Stiffer. Taller! I am very happy with the way that came out.

Last edited:

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I have a 2007 non EL and I am looking for aggressive looking 31" or 33" that can handle water.
I live in NY and we get all weather types. Dry, Wet, Ice, etc.

I like the Firestone M/T's but they don't have siping and I was told it would be scary in the rain. - Agreed.
I also like the Goodyear Dura Trac's. They have siping and get very good reviews.

What do you have that you are happy with that may also be a good fit for me.

P.S. I am putting on a 3/2" boost in a week or so, I'll need new tires then.

Ive got the new Coopers AT3's love em. Good in snow, wet, quiet even thought theyre AT's. Had Bridgestones prior...they sucked.

McZiggy

Reaction score
Looks great. I just had a set of 275/65r18 Firestone destination le2's installed on my 2007 non el limited. I love the extra width and stability.

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone played on a set of General AT2's?

Looking for something that is primarily for highway/around town, but is good O.R. (mud and dirt) and in the snow...

rocketvette95

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a set of the General AT2's on my 1999 GMC K1500. They were 285/70/17. The only issue was they were 10 ply. Other than that I loved them. Very nice ride on the highway. After about 10000 miles they had worn straight , no cups, just a very nice tire.