Black Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is my first post besides my intro so if this has been discussed please forgive me and point me to the prior thread.

Ok, as stated in my intro I am waiting for the new 2012's to release and will purchase. At that time I plan on ordering rims and tires. Now to the question and guidance, has anyone seen a blacked out rim that looks similar to a factory rim? My Expy will be black so thought about going the all blacked out look. I am a VP of an insurance agency and the truck will be used for business as well as going to the deer lease, so still need something better than the factory tires for the Louisiana mud. Don't want the rims and tires to look too overly aggressive or too much like I am taking it to the mud races. Kind of an in-between if there is such a thing?! Don't get me wrong I like the big rigs, but not sure how well the clients would like the rig if I get it too far away from factory.

Any guidance or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Wes

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are lots of aftermarket rim/tire combos out there. places like tire rack and discount tire might be able to help you find what you are looking for. not sure about any that will be close to factory. as for tire, i would just find a good a/t like BF Goodrich, or an ATZ that is good for mud/daily driving.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are a bunch of threads discussing black rims. I'm on the lookout too and have been tapping member's brains on here. Go to my history and look at some of the recent threads as well as just browse through recent posts. Guys have posted a bunch of links to some nice black rims, and decently priced. Sol can also help you out in this regard. I'll try and link you to a couple sites later when i get home.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you want the factory look. you can always look into powder coating the factory rims black.