Blower control out of control- any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Av8r2b

Reaction score
My 2014 Expedition air condition/heat would only blow when set to the highest 2 settings. I replaced the resistor, and now it only blows on the highest setting. What's my next move?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure your resistor was Motorcraft. I tried a generic third-party one and it did not work properly. Also check the wiring harness for heat damage. Mine was scorched with melted plastic.

no MORE_MPG

Reaction score
Hi Eric, @Ericcccccc
Thanks for sharing the links, I received the replacement resistor today, it has the aluminum extruded heat sink. Amazon says that it fits, but it doesn't fit my 2011. I'll exchange it for the flat plate version.

Check out the one in your Expedition before ordering. They are not interchangeable.

3F2Z-18591-AA HVAC Blower Motor Resistor Replacement for Ford Expedition, Escape, F150, F250, F350 Super Duty, Mustang, Lincoln Mark LT, Mercury Mariner, Replaces # YH-1715 https://a.co/d/9m1bzS9