Blue Screen on Rearview Mirror Temporarily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deeser

Reaction score
2008 Expy EL Limited 62K miles - backup camera screen in rearview mirror. When I shift to reverse, the screen will illuminate blue for 2-3 seconds and then go blank. I bought a new camera, installed it into the rear liftgate, and it still does the same thing. I did not see any corrosion and/or water in the connector when I removed it. I am going to try to check the connection at the rearview mirror tomorrow when I get some time. Has anyone else experienced something like this before? Thanks!

-Drew

OP
OP
D

Deeser

Reaction score
Update to this...
I found that if I wiggled the connection on the back of the rearview mirror, I could get the image to display properly when in reverse. It's definitely a pin contact problem either in the mirror or in the mirror connector. I'll have to perform a drag test on the pins and find out which pin is causing the bad connection. Looks like I'll probably end up replacing one of the pins in the connector that plugs into the rearview mirror.

cmc3

Reaction score
I have a 2017, the rear camera goes out periodically. There is a coax connector inside the lift gate that needs a wiggle. I unsnap the trim at the top of the lift gate a reach down to get to the connector with my finger tips. Doesn't take much wiggle, but it fixes the problem.