15.5" 'Blue screen of death'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I started the truck, put it in reverse and all cameras were showing normally on screen; put it in drive and entire screen turned solid blue. Drove a ways, stopped, put it in reverse and all cameras were working on screen again; put it in drive and it went back to the blue screen. Stopped, turned off engine and opened and closed driver door to completely turn off screen. Started engine again and screen began working normally.

First time this has happened — has this happened to anyone else?

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Over time , the expys interior overhead eye sensor analyze how much your eyes are on the road compared to how much your eyes are on the 15.5" screen while in (D). If it senses that you have crossed its threshold it will automatically blank out the screen to all blue while in (D)rive. To help you focus on the road more. This feature can be turned off in settings.

OP
OP
nationalgallery

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Over time , the expys interior overhead eye sensor analyze how much your eyes are on the road compared to how much your eyes are on the 15.5" screen while in (D). If it senses that you have crossed its threshold it will automatically blank out the screen to all blue while in (D)rive. To help you focus on the road more. This feature can be turned off in settings.
This truck is a harsh taskmaster....if you look away from the road for more than a few seconds while BlueCruise is engaged it immediately starts reprimanding you.

Do you know where that setting is to disable the blue screen punishment....er, I mean, feature?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I started the truck, put it in reverse and all cameras were showing normally on screen; put it in drive and entire screen turned solid blue. Drove a ways, stopped, put it in reverse and all cameras were working on screen again; put it in drive and it went back to the blue screen. Stopped, turned off engine and opened and closed driver door to completely turn off screen. Started engine again and screen began working normally.

First time this has happened — has this happened to anyone else?
To reset the sync 15.5 on the steering wheel press volume down and next track at the same time for 10 seconds. both opposite sides of wheel.

OP
OP
nationalgallery

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To reset the sync 15.5 on the steering wheel press volume down and next track at the same time for 10 seconds. both opposite sides of wheel.
Right, I forgot about that.

SyndicateZ said there's a setting to turn off the blue screen, but I couldn't find one anywhere.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Huh?? Where did you get this information from?