Brake life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got just over 21k on it now. Around 20k I started to notice it takes a bit more than it used to to stop. Like I have to push the pedal harder to get the same bit. The assist feels fine, it’s when I have to make a hard stop it feels like the bite is just not there like it used to be.

last oil change they noted a tad more wear on the rears, must be some electronics they are using to make it stop smoother. People when I first joined here were complaining of poor rear pad life, but that was explained away by their use of radar cruise, something I never ever use.

how long are you getting on either set of brakes?

Last edited:

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rear pads were replaced around 28k on my 2019. Front pads were replaced around 44k miles. They were replaced with Motorcraft pads. I just replaced my rear with new rotors and pads from Carquest at 54k miles. I'm thinking about change the front OEM rotors around 60k miles with another set of Carquest rotors.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve had great luck out of ebc rotors on other things. Made in England. If they offer one for this deal I’d do that without hesitation. Their pads dust like crazy though.

Old Gearhead

Reaction score
2018 Platinum, with rear brakes done at 62,000. Front brakes have not changed and have approximately 82,000.

I agree with "Dice Roll", very good luck with EBC products. They do dust like crazy!

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I asked the same thing the other week. Dealer told me I'll probably be looking at REAR brakes next service. I have 47K on all original brakes and tires. Some say rears go faster due to ACC which I don't use, some say rears work a little harder (they're smaller) because they brake more to keep the vehicle level. Hope that helps a bit.

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed my rear pads at 38,000 miles and left the rotors on. The front pads are still showing little wear over 40,000 miles.

I have towed a heavy travel trailer for about 8,000 of those miles.

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a caliper go bad and the dealer under warranty replace both rear pads and rotors and one caliper. Not sure of the wear. I did the fronts just so everybody would be on the same page. At 50K my fronts could of gone another 25K.
2019 Expedition Limited