Brake rotor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BerndM

Reaction score
For those of you who have replaced your brake rotors yourself, did you go with OEM (Ford) or aftermarket OEM replacements?
Any thoughts on the standard solid type vs the slotted/vented variety?
Thanks

2003 EB 5.4 4WD

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Autozone I used their premium ecoated OEM quality rotors. I didn't go for the slotted or drilled rotors. I figure that I don't overly tax my braking system so I don't need to go the extra step.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't go slotted or drilled, unless you drive hard. Problem with slotted or drilled, is brake dust builds up, and squeals and makes all kind of racket. They are better for heat distribution, and if you don't mind cleaning them every so often, they do work well. I always like oem stock Ford. I like using all Ford parts, whenever possible. If you don't want to mess with it after you put them on go Ford rotors/ pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k_aimone

Reaction score
If you have time to wait look and see what rock auto has for deals. There is always a 5% off code on retailmenot.com you can use. If you need them quick order them on advanceautoparts.com and use the coupon code trt30 for 30% off entire purchase.

When I did mine I got E coated rotors and had a local machine drill and slot them for $30 then got the Wagner pads. Stop well and zero dust.

I went with the drilled and slotted because I do tow a utility trailer a lot. Sine I don't have a pick up I tow my golfcart, all types of hardware store runs and also my dump runs