Broke rear tailgate glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey fellas not admitting this to anyone else but you but I accidentally broke the tailgate glass with the garage on Sunday afternoon. My wife was standing there.. felt like an idiot. You know what I'm talking about.

The good news is the glass just bolts in. I am in DFW so there's plenty of wrecking yards. Picked up another piece for a hundred bucks the next day took about 15 minutes to swap it in. I searched the archives here and didn't see anything on this but I just wanted to encourage anyone who's going through this that there's plenty of used glass available for cheap.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In college I backed into a cement pole in a supermarket parking lot. I hit it so hard that it triggered the fuel cutoff. My wife (then girlfriend) was with me and I was like: "This parking lot is really dark! It's raining and the car just hydroplaned!" and so on ... No. I just wasn't paying attention.

D Hook

Reaction score
Wife backed out of the garage, forgetting back hatch was open. Shattered the glass all over the garage/driveway. She took it to a glass shop to get repaired. We had a good laugh for sure and now she doesn't criticize my driving quite as much.

ColoradoJon

Reaction score
Put my name on the list. I backed up into a halfway open garage leaving to work out at 5 am. Got the glass replacement by a glass guy but it doesn't fit right. Can't figure out what's wrong. I am assuming I hit so hard that something is bent but can't really find any cracked paint or ripped metal. Hoping somebody has some experience with this. Glass guy was stumped. Schedule a body guy next week. What a stupid nightmare

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205