Carfidant swirl/scratch remover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Carfidant-Sc...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Got our 2014 Expedition last year around mid July.

The color is Tuxedo Black. Previous owner must have had a dog (or kids with long hard fingernails) as there were scratches in varying degrees of deep on the doors and fenders. I tried some scratch remover in an orange bottle and it looked better for a few days and then not so much.

The rain sensor didn't work when we got it. I replaced it and tested it by spraying water on the windshield. It worked! Called my wife out front to show her and sprayed more water from our hose/well on the windshield. Then I screwed up and put it in the carport with the water all over the hood.

Water spot city. Bad. Noticed it the next time I drove it.

It's been washed several times since then, mostly in/at car washes. Nothing touched the water spots.

My wife ordered a bottle of that Carfidant scratch/swirl remover and I gave her a hard time for ordering it as she does that a lot - order stuff she sees on TV or the internet that just don't work.

Well, after we washed it this time she went in and got the Carfidant stuff and a couple clean/dry microfiber cloths. She applied it to the doors/front fenders and I wiped it off when it dried. Many of the scratches were just "gone" when I removed the dried polish. Some were still visible, but much lighter. Later, when I pulled it out of the carport I could see some, depending on the light angle from the sun that I didn't see in the shade of the carport.

Then I started applying it to that poor hood. As I wiped it on I could see the water spots disappearing. I got real enthusiastic and went to work on the hood and top of the front fenders. Then I buffed off the dried polish and the hood looked like new. Not a single visible tiny piece of a water drop.

This stuff works. It comes in several colors and she bought black for the Tuxedo Black Expedition. I came right in the house and ordered a bottle of the non colored Carfidant for my Genesis Coupe (Interlagos Yellow) and BMW 435i (Glacier Silver.) Can't wait till that stuff gets here.

Give it a try if you're looking for something that really gets rid of the water spots and the small/light scratches/swirl marks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971