catalytic converter problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiley84

Reaction score
We are having some problems with getting exhaust into the cab. I am thinking that it is one of the cat's are plugged or one of them came apart and plugged the muffler. I was wondering if any one has had this problem before and if so were you able to go with a universal cat or did you have to buy the preformed one's . any help would be great. I am going to go pull the up stream o2 sensors and see which side is messing up.

OP
OP
W

wiley84

Reaction score
i didn't hear any rattling, but what i did do was pull the o2 sensor infront of the cat and it ran a little bit better. I changed both cats out yesterday and its running a little bit better got some of its power back but still isn't how it was 2 weeks ago. any one have any other ideas what could be going on?? any help would be great.

Roman04

Reaction score
i didn't hear any rattling, but what i did do was pull the o2 sensor infront of the cat and it ran a little bit better. I changed both cats out yesterday and its running a little bit better got some of its power back but still isn't how it was 2 weeks ago. any one have any other ideas what could be going on?? any help would be great.

sorry to revive old thread here..

Hey Wiley84 - can I ask which cats you replaced and what brand did you use? Also, did you replace the O2 sensors and get some of the power back?

My 04 just started to make this rattling sound at the passenger side, no codes yet. So i want to take care of it before winter or it clogges up completely.

OP
OP
W

wiley84

Reaction score
sorry to revive old thread here..

Hey Wiley84 - can I ask which cats you replaced and what brand did you use? Also, did you replace the O2 sensors and get some of the power back?

My 04 just started to make this rattling sound at the passenger side, no codes yet. So i want to take care of it before winter or it clogges up completely.

Roman04 not a problem reviving an old thread. I replaced both cats. On mine there is a cat on each side where the exhaust connects to the exhaust manifold. I can't remember which brand I used, I just ordered some of line. I do know prove wise I paid less for both new cats online then what Ford wasnted for one. I used the same o2 sensors.

Come to find out the Cats weren't the problem so replacing them didn't do anything for the problem I was having.

Roman04

Reaction score
thanks Wiley84 - I am still doing some surfing and trying to get as much info as i can. Also im going to call around the muffler shops here in town and see whay I find.
I wonder if much difference between 2nd and 3rd gen..