CD player/USB interface..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntpwsa

Reaction score
I own a 2020 Platinum….wondering if there is a consensus on a model and maufacturer
Of a CD deck/Player that uses a USB for the interface ?

RW

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the ones with a hand crank on the side. :)

I have hundreds of CDs, so I do miss having a CD player in the car.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the ones with a hand crank on the side. :)

I have hundreds of CDs, so I do miss having a CD player in the car.
I copied about 25 of my CDs to a thumb drive. They play great and sound super quality. I can shuffle, play one song, repeat or play the entire album. It also shows the album cover on the screen

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I copied about 25 of my CDs to a thumb drive. They play great and sound super quality. I can shuffle, play one song, repeat or play the entire album. It also shows the album cover on the screen
I have done the same... copy all my music on a small thumb drive and it is inserted in the front console. As Mr Big says, can sort, mix and alphabetize artists and albums. Hell, I remember the days when it was an expensive option to just have a radio installed... Never had to deal with the crank phonograph option though....... :D

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rip the CD's to MP3 and play them like others have said. Works great. Leave it inserted all the time, because it does take a second to index. I am not aware of a plug in CD Drive working. The issue would not be it working but handling bouncing down the road. Portable CD Drives for computers are designed to be sitting on a desk(flat non-moving surface), and won't have the motion isolation to handle a moving vehicle and bumps.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I own a 2020 Platinum….wondering if there is a consensus on a model and maufacturer
Of a CD deck/Player that uses a USB for the interface ?

RW
I 2nd the thumb drive idea, but if you really want a CD player, the 2018 models still had a CD player in the dash that you could likely retrofit into your 2020.

bzav

Reaction score
I ripped my CDs to wma format and play them using USB drive. But it only plays them alphabetically by song. How do you get the system to recognize albums and artists?

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can get a adaptor for your CD player headphone jack that goes to USB and then power source plug to backside console usb. It works but is somewhat cumbersome. I use that setup once in a while if I want to pull a CD I haven't heard in a long time.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ripped my CDs to wma format and play them using USB drive. But it only plays them alphabetically by song. How do you get the system to recognize albums and artists?
Not sure why you would choose wma over the more popular formats, but ripping is the beginning of the process; not the entire process. The info concerning genre, artist, album, etc. is contained in the meta-tags of the file. CDs generally don't have meta-tags. So if it's ripped from a CD, there will be no info. There are programs that can sample your ripped files and likely find the correct meta info and insert that info into the file so that your player can read it. MusicBrainz Picard is a good one. I don't use Windows, but I believe there is a Windows version of Picard. For future purchases, you might investigate HD audio downloads. They are not cheap or small (1.2GB per "album"), but generally have double the resolution of an audio CD. HDTracks is just one of many services for high quality audio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford