Chip Shortage and Removed Features???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CharPatton

Reaction score
Hi:

I have a brand new Timberline 2023 and am trying to wrap my old, senile brain around the fancy new technology.

This is an even dumber post than my others as I try to figure out the new truck.

From the vehicle sticker there are two $50 credits that seem to relate to the chip shortage issue: Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 17.13.29.png

I have no idea what "2nd Row Window One Touch Remov" means, and from reading other very helpful posts on this forum, it seems like I should be very glad that Auto Stop-Start is not included :):):)

But is this indeed what these "Removal" credits imply?

Not sure I would ever do this, but is there an option to have these chips installed in the future when they become available? Just curious...

Many, many thanks for your help!

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The second row one touch windows is being able to press the button down and the window goes down on its own Vs having to hold it down. I don’t believe that is a feature that can or will be retrofitted.

Infra246

Reaction score
Please let us know what they charge for the retrofit if they ever do it. You can probably add atleast one zero to each of those numbers.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not having that wouldn't bother me. I can't stand that "feature" when it's just on the driver's door and I check the manual and online to see how to turn it off. When I want the window open just 3 inches I expect it to move as long as I'm holding the button and stop when I let off.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have all four auto-roll and I do the window crack thing all the time, i just lightly press before you feel the switch click. It's essentially two stages, light-touch = manual, secondary click = auto. I like it as my kids tend to leave the windows down even though I tell them every time to roll them up when we park.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni