Cruise Control and Lane Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregTu

Reaction score
I haven’t experienced the apply some resistance to the steering wheel. The only thing I have noticed is a warning will show up sating put hands on steering wheel. Usually at interstate exits or on a sharp S curve.
I’ve also seen this in construction zones with reduced lane sizes and lane shifts. Didn’t really need the warning as I already took control just in case.

With our limited experience I’m still too nervous to completely remove my hands from the wheel for any long period of time. The best I can do is rest my left hand on my thigh with my fingers lightly resting on the wheel so I can take control quickly. Also lets me know what BC is doing.

Old Dog

Reaction score
Is there a way to see what version of Blue Cruise is installed? We have a new ‘24 that we picked up the first week of October. So no OTA updates so far. I assume we were current at delivery. I think we have version 1.0 as it insists on being in the center of the lane and has a tendency to behave like a new driver constantly correcting if it thinks it’s off center an inch or two. It’s not bad but it makes the vehicle feel a little nervous.

I understand that versions 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 add things like lane change with a turn signal, will stay closer to the lane lines when passing or being passed. This would be a huge confidence boost for me as I like to put the outside tire on, or next to the lane line when next to another vehicle, especially a semi.

If my understanding is correct 1.1 makes the car less nervous.

Any guesses on when we might these in the Expedition?

Thanks,
Greg
You can see what version you have on the Ford Pass app. I’m currently at 5.3.1

Old Dog

Reaction score
I might be blind. I can’t find a version number in the ford pass app. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks
Open Ford Pass app select vehicle then open Features & Setting. Open software Updates. You will see recent updates and version you have. If you don’t see the automatic updates turned on turn it on. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett