CSP 23B62 - 2023 Expedition built 7-20-2023 to 8-16-2023; 2023 Navigator built 7-20-2023 to 8-9-2023; With 3.5L Engine - Engine Long Block Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flathead40

Reaction score
Glad to hear you may be safe from this nightmare, but keep an eye for all recalls with VIN
Put in your VIN, it may say no recalls but look for

Customer Satisfaction Programs **​

Engine long block replacement
You can also look at your sticker if you have it for the build date.
Yeah I checked there and no CSPs listed. Window sticker had a date of 8/1/23 but that might just have been the blend date. They only mention 1700 vehicles affected, which I’m sure they built way more than that many 3.5 powered vehicles in that time frame. So it is most likely one milling machine out of a number in the plant and they know exactly which engines were affected. But still gonna keep an eye on it.

drewgost

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am looking for any more information on this issue as I plan to fight it. Does anyone have any specific dates as to when Ford and the Ford dealers had known about this? Any other documents would be helpful as I don't feel that I should be stuck with a New vehicle with only 1500 miles on it and have it torn apart. We all know it will never be a factory engine after that. My background is Auto mechanic when I was a young man and then an Elevator Mechanic for over 32 years. I know what things look like after a rebuild.
Thanks and I really appreciate any documents that you can dig up. I purchased the Expedition in Oct 1,2023 and got the letter late December.

Thanks,

Drew

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am looking for any more information on this issue as I plan to fight it. Does anyone have any specific dates as to when Ford and the Ford dealers had known about this? Any other documents would be helpful as I don't feel that I should be stuck with a New vehicle with only 1500 miles on it and have it torn apart. We all know it will never be a factory engine after that. My background is Auto mechanic when I was a young man and then an Elevator Mechanic for over 32 years. I know what things look like after a rebuild.
Thanks and I really appreciate any documents that you can dig up. I purchased the Expedition in Oct 1,2023 and got the letter late December.

Thanks,

Drew

Here is a copy of the letter sent to Ford and Lincoln dealers regarding the matter from Ford: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10246077-0001.pdf

Most states will not declare a new vehicle a lemon, eligible for replacement or refund, unless the manufacturer is usually given at least 30 days to attempt a repair of a defect.

Ford is keenly aware of this and will put pressure on dealers to complete the work in a timely manner.

If you intend to fight the matter - I’d suggest consulting an attorney who specializes in consumer law. I have gone through two new-vehicle repurchases with GM. (I am not an attorney and do not work for one.)

drewgost

Reaction score
I’d suggest consulting an attorney who specializes in consumer law. I have gone through two new-vehicle repurchases with GM. (I am not an attorney and do not work for one.)
Thank you for all of that information 99WhiteC5Coupe.
I am curious did you make out in your favor against GM? I am in MA and will be calling an attorney that specializes in Consumer Protection today, when I get home from work. When you went through your problem did you allow them to take the vehicle in, as they are pressuring me to bring in the vehicle, but I will not give it to them until I find out my rights.

Thanks again!
Drew

Dahammer

Reaction score

Thanks,

Drew

Here is the info that I found that explains lemon law in your state. Do a google to find an attorney to speak with regarding your vehicle.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for all of that information 99WhiteC5Coupe.
I am curious did you make out in your favor against GM? I am in MA and will be calling an attorney that specializes in Consumer Protection today, when I get home from work. When you went through your problem did you allow them to take the vehicle in, as they are pressuring me to bring in the vehicle, but I will not give it to them until I find out my rights.

Thanks again!
Drew

My state of Ohio has very strong consumer protection laws regarding new motor vehicles purchases.

In the first case - I filed through binding arbitration through the BBB AutoLine Program - required at the time by state law. I presented the case myself. I won and chose a refund + tax (14 separate defects in the first 4,000 miles and in shop more than 30 days).

After that - the second case I used an attorney. The state law had been amended to include reasonable attorney fees for the vehicle purchaser - if successful. Multiple unsuccessful attempts to repair a suspension defect and in shop more than 30 days. I chose a new car, which turned was the next model year due to the timing.

I have no experience with Ford and the lemon law. But don’t think a manufacturer will go out of their way to help you get a new car out of the goodness of their heart.

In both of my cases I was not pressured to bring the car in for repair (the dealer was good). However, GM initially offered an extended warranty / service plan - which I did not want. I was not happy with the cars and they were defective. I wanted them replaced.

Good luck and best wishes.

Last edited:

drewgost

Reaction score
Good luck and best wishes.
Thanks again for all of your information I am going to fight until the end. I may have to let them have it for, in MA its 15 days or 3 attempts. I am waiting to see what Ford will offer and if I don't like it I will call a Consumer Protection Attorney I was give a number buy the Lemon Law Coordinator. I update if interested.

Dahammer

Reaction score
Thanks for doing that research Dahammer Maryland is MD I am in MA Massachusetts
Sorry about that. Basically, most Lemon Laws are about the same in most states. Good luck, and let us know how you did, sir.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the more people stand up for their rights and make it more expensive for the manufacturers to produce defective vehicles, then vehicle quality will improve.