Cup Holder Rattle - Only When Cup Present

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone else's cup holders rattle only when there's a coffee cup, bottle etc in them? Some gentle downwards pressure on the object stops the rattle, but it starts again as soon as I let go. It appears to be the spring loaded fingers that hold the object still. I think.

Anyone found a solution to this?

Sazzman

Reaction score
I’ve had the same exact problem on my 2018. Dealership stated that’s not covered under warranty (gave them a piece of my mind on that). Love to hear a solution. Also have a driver window door rattle I can’t figure out.

OP
OP
Fizzy

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve had the same exact problem on my 2018. Dealership stated that’s not covered under warranty (gave them a piece of my mind on that). Love to hear a solution. Also have a driver window door rattle I can’t figure out.
I have the service manual, so when I find time I'm going to pop that section out and have a look at the springs underneath. Need to be careful though because the emergency key dock is under the front cup holder.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want you to push on each spring loaded finger. Does any finger feel like it has less resistance/free play than the others?

Sazzman

Reaction score
I want you to push on each spring loaded finger. Does any finger feel like it has less resistance/free play than the others?
Yes on mine. It’s the holder closest to the dash, and the one rattling is one of the two closer to the dash. The two opposite of those in the middle facing the other cup holder feel tighter.

OP
OP
Fizzy

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Watching this video, makes me think that some of the buttons on the bottom are loose. That's why slight downward pressure on the drink vessel will stop the rattle.

He has a previous video showing how to remove the cupholders, but it's a 2018 and the trim looks different to my 2020 Plat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett